Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Deployment Counter

So, I saw an example of something like this on a blog and immediately knew I had to make one.  Being perhaps a hint  "OCD", I relish in just about anything ritualistic (that word sounds so negative, I promise I'm not crazy). 

 

Having a counter to track the days of hubsy's deployments is such a fantastic idea! It creates an easy visual for how long I have to wait until he returns... and gives me something (albeit a small something) to look forward to in my morning routines (rituals?).

I know that seeing the "Days Down" jar fill up will be very satisfying for me.   



Also wonderful, is how simple this project is. 

All you need for this project are: jewel rocks for the counters (I had about a bazillion laying around from a past project), two mason jars, and card-stock for the labels. That's it!

My mason jars fit 4.5 months of jewel rocks perfectly.  If you are counting down a longer deployment, you could always use larger mason jars or smaller counters (buttons might be a cute idea for a counter as well)!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment